Assistant Lecturer in ICT
To contribute to teaching and learning at Advanced Diploma level and tailor-made short Courses, through: Design, preparation, and development of Module teaching materials.
Delivery of Modules through lectures, seminars, tutorials, and other supervisory and coaching methods.
Assessing courses by setting and marking assignments and examination papers.
Attending assessment board meetings
Contribute to the development and implementation of innovative methods of teaching, learning, and assessment, including open and web-based learning, as part of the College’s learner-centered approach to education.
Deliver and supervise students’ examinations as per the set standards
Liaise closely with teaching, technical and administrative staff to ensure quality teaching
Give advice and guidance to students to support their academic progress through the college
Proactively contribute to the development of the curriculum, module, and program reviewing
Supervise the internships, field studies, and students’ research activities
Undertake any appropriate continuous Professional development training to enhance professional skills.
Pursue opportunities for academic research, publication, and funded consultancy.
Liaise with and assist others in the administration and management of programs;
Propose and assist in the recruitment of lecturers and other academic staff to the college;
Perform any other relevant tasks as required from time to time by the college management
Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
Note: 1. Having a professional certificate for any of the required technical skills is an added advantage
2. Current academic staff in all IPRCs are not allowed to apply for these academic
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering0 Year of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science0 Year of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems0 Year of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology0 Year of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Application0 Year of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Knowledge in TVET policies
- Resource management skills
- Decision making skills
- Networking skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Risk management skills
- Performance management skills
- Digital literacy skills
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage
- Skills in Network design, configuration, administration and security
- Skills in IP based devices installation and operation
- CCNA certificate or other related networking certificate