I. Summary of Overall Role and Responsibilities
The ICT Officer is responsible of monitoring network of the hospital and it is always available and accessible to all users.
II. Key Duties and Tasks
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer related issues;
- Integrate security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems;
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Identify user needs and system functionality and ensuring ICT facilities meet these needs
- Planning, budgeting, developing and implementing ICT action plan
- Maintaining and developing a modern, cost effective, stable and ICT infrastructure available 24 hours
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software
- To ensure relation with external ICT companies
- To install computers, printers and other peripheral devices
- To troubleshoot, repair, update, and maintain computers, printers and other ICT equipment’s as well as manage ICT equipment’s and toner requests.
- Setup a stable schedule of preventive maintenance of computers, printers and other ICT equipment’s
- Setup and support staff members in audio/visual equipment for presentations, workshops or trainings.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and update operating systems, antivirus and application programs.
- Removal/disposal of non-functional ICT equipment’s. • Provide effective IT support in different departments on time
- To ensure that software license laws are adhered to.
- Developing in liaison with HR, a formalized training program for users with the aim of raising skills, standards, and awareness in the use ICT applications.
- To ensure the integrity, security, confidentiality of data kept in departments
- To perform other related duties and responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
- Work with Logistics officer to check inventory of ICT equipment’s and handle relocation of them.
Educational networking, web-based learning, mobile learning, creativity and innovation skills, Problem solving, collaborative, flexible, accessible on calls/social media, good will at work, Quick service delivery to users, able to work in extra time, strong/good communication with all users. 28
IV. Key Performance Indicators
- Mean Time to detect and repair (average time for a new support claim being filed from an incident first being reported and when it is resolved)
- Server Downtime.
- Service Level Agreements prepared and signed
- Advanced diploma in Computer Science0 Year of relevant experience
- Advanced diploma in Information and Communication Technology0 Year of relevant experience
- Advanced diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information and Communication Technology0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology0 Year of relevant experience
- Advanced Diploma in Information Management Systems0 Year of relevant experience
- Advanced Diploma in Information Technology (IT)0 Year of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning