Secondary and TVET education Officer
Elaborate a local strategy and actionable plan on secondary and TVET education, monitor its implementation across Sectors and produce consolidated reports thereof;
- Carry out, together with other relevant stakeholders, regular inspection of secondary and TVET schools in respect with quality education and administrative standards, elaborate secondary and TVET schools maps and maintain an updated database thereof;
- Identify and consolidate secondary and TVET school construction needs, carry out training needs of teachers therein, and work hand in hand with the Human Resources Unit to deliver tailor-made capacity building support across the District;
- Develop project proposals for the mobilization of additional funds to improve the functioning of Secondary and TVET education, initiate and coordinate the implementation of advocacy campaigns meant to meet the secondary and TVET education needs of vulnerable people across the District;
- Organize, in collaboration with other relevant stakeholders, and supervise the implementation of regular campaigns meant to raise local population’s awareness on the benefits of adhering to secondary and TVET education programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education Sciences0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor of Sciences0 Year of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Organization skills
- Communication skills
- Good knowledge of government policy-making processes
- Time management skills
- Complex Problem Solving Skills
- High analytical Skills
- Team working Skills
- Analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in Secondary and TVET Education
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
- Ability to work in highly aseptic environment