Chief of Party at World Education, Inc
World Education, Inc. is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a three-year, USAID-funded Teaching and Learning Material Supply Chain activity with the aim to strengthen the book supply chain to increase the quantity, quality, affordability, and accessibility of books and other reading materials (physical and digital) in schools, homes, and communities. By working to improve the capacity and systems of key actors along the book chain, such as MINEDUC and the private sector, while simultaneously strengthening linkages between these actors, this Activity will improve the sustainability of the Rwandan book supply chain. The project will have a main office in Kigali
The COP is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, monitoring, and management of the performance of the award and for the vision, strategic direction, and management of the project to achieve the objectives and expected outcomes of the project. The COP will supervise personnel and oversee quality technical control in the provinces. The position is also responsible for overall leadership and supervision of World Education’s in-country staff and consortium partners, stewarding World Education resources, and conducting program wide performance management.
- Provide project leadership and technical direction, aligned with project objectives, technical standards, and to achieve the greatest coverage and impact.
- Lead and facilitate effective partnerships with local education institutions, the public and private sector, partners, civil society and other education stakeholders working in Rwanda;
- Serve as principal contact and principal representative of World Education, USAID, and the Government of Rwanda; keep up to date on developments in USAID and Government development strategies;
- Supervise staff to ensure timely achievement of program results;
- Manage subcontracting partners; ensure coordinated inputs and technical / managerial quality of all partners and employees;
- Manage, supervise and coordinate all project planning and implementation, including timely deployment of the project team.
- Monitor progress of project activities, report to USAID and partners on progress and program outcomes, ensure project deliverables are met on time;
- Outline internal lines of communication for effective management;
- Coordinate with other donor funded Implementation Partners;
- Organize and manage external communications and provide information dissemination;
- Supervise program staff to ensure timely product delivery and regular reporting.
- University degree, B.A., in social sciences or equivalent required. Master’s degree in education, social sciences, business/supply chain management or equivalent preferred;
- At least 10 years of consecutive proven work experience in international education programs, preferably with experience in book supply chain management/capacity building with donor funded projects, including at least 4 years of management experience;
- Strategic planning experience and financial management oversight is critical;
- Solid knowledge of the education system in Rwanda, particularly issues affecting the teaching and learning materials supply chain;
- Demonstrated familiarity program management and USAID reporting mechanisms;
- Prior experience in managing USAID-funded programs and strong knowledge of USAID’s financial management systems and reporting requirements;
- Ability to manage a consortium with international and national subcontractors;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity building and professional development in a developing country;
- Effective oral and written communication skills to make formal and informal presentations and compose professional and analytical reports and program documents in English;
- Proficiency in Kinyarwanda, French and/or Swahili highly desired.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online.